SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janie_ga

Lost my gas-paying job tonight

janie_ga
16 years ago

I have been telecommuting since leaving Atl for a few hours a week. I have had the part-time job since 2001. They got a new manager that is apparently making all kinds of changes. I just got off the phone with one of the other workers and there are some unhappy employees! Several have all but told the lady she is crazy to let me go because of the speed at which I clear off student holds.

The manager left a message on my phone asking for my "system" for the work. I gave her a basic idea and told her to have someone trained on all the software packages (something I cannot and will not do long-distance). Also told her that I would be more than happy to continue working or fill in when things got really crazy. This manager has never worked in a university health clinic and is in for a RUDE AWAKENING come registration for Fall semester. She also better hope that there are no communicable/vaccine outbreaks on campus because I was the only clinic employee who knew how to run reports of students who were not properly vaccinated! the computer programs can run them but I am not even sure the manager knows she is responsible for notifying people they are at risk!

I think I am glad I am here until things cool off there! LOL

Janie, who is a little down about not having the job she has had for so long but happy she isn't working in the clinic full-time right now!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!