SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbear2767

The doctor did an ultrasound of my head...

Pooh Bear
15 years ago

I went in for an echocardiogram. I sure wasn't expecting what all I got. First, he poured that goop on my neck and rubbed the sonogram thingy all over both sides of my neck. Then he had me reposition and moved on to my heart (more goop). I was facing away from the machine. I could hear my heartbeat on the machine. While doing this the doctor's cell phone rang with one of those musical ring tones. I said, "Doc, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure my heart is not supposed to sound like that." He said, "Sure it is." and just kept going. Then his phone rang again. I said, "Well doc, I guess I just got a song in my heart." He didn't comment. Then he had me lay flat on my back and poured more goop on my chest and belly. He rubbed that thing on my chest some more then moved down to my belly. Now I realize I'm a big guy but I'm certain that no doctor worth his salt is gonna mistake me for a pregnant female. I said, "Doc, I got a big heart but I don't think it extends down that far." He explained that he was looking at my heart up thru my liver (or some organ, don't really remember). (Oooohh Kaaayyy, if you say so doc). Then he did something really strange. He took the sonogram thingy and stuck it right to my forehead. "Hey Doc, would you please tell my wife that I DO In Fact have a brain in my head?" She was standing right there. She said she didn't see a brain on the screen. The doc stayed silent. Then he rolled my head to one side and cupped his hand around my eye and poured more goop. He then ultrasounded one temple and then the other. The rest of the procedure were places that I could make more sense of. Behind the knees, lower legs above the ankles, etc.

But I still can't get over the fact.......he did an ultrasound of my head.

Just thought I would share my weird day.

I just took a shower before I went to the doctor's office.

Now I gotta take another one to wash off all that goop.

Pooh Bear

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz