SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaismom_gw

Finally posting my Henrybuilt modern kitchen.

kaismom
13 years ago

I finished my kitchen about 6 months ago. I still have a few more things to do.

I need to get a fabulous art for the empty wall next to the sink. Will take ideas.. Still need to install an audio system. I am still using the old boom box on the counter. The kitchen is never clean enough to take pictures.

Henrybuilt head designer, Virginie and I did the design without the use of an architect. We "consulted" our architect for structural things.

Cabinet: Henrybuilt, vertical grain fir veneer and grey laminate

Countertop: Caesarstone, Eggshell

Backsplash: Integrated stainless steel by Henrybuilt and Caesarstone, Eggshell.

Lighting: I wanted minimal ornamentation. So I did not do the hanging fixtures in the kitchen. The dining room light is from Design Within Reach, very simple.

Flooring: red oak, already in the house, extended to match. Osmo finish. The living room and the stair were carpeted previously.

Paint: I used a designer for couple hours to help me pick the paint color. She suggested C2 color by Pratt and Lambert. I have always used BM. I do not like the coverage of C2 as well as the BM. I think the color is slightly too pale. Oh well.

Appliances:

Range, Cobalt Viking all gas previously already in the kitchen.

Hood: Cobalt Viking also used in the kitchen previously.

Refrigerator: Thermador 36 inch integrated T36IB paneled with grey laminate

DW: Miele Diamente paneled with grey laminate

Speedoven/MW: Miele 4042BM

Sink: Ticor 30 inch

Faucet and soap dispenser: KWC Ono

Water filter faucet: Newport Brass

Barstools: Pottery barn, many years old.

I have a walk in pantry to the left of the desk area. I do not store food in the kitchen. All food is stored in the pantry.

Custom desk area with storage: design and cabinets by Henrybuilt

I thought that I would get a laptop in the desk area. I realized that I really like having a huge screen and this is where I spend my time. I got a "desktop computer" and it is a bit of wire mess. Hidden but I took the picture without the chair so you see it in full glory. We don�t use wireless at our house�. Long story. Any rate, I installed a CAT5 plug on the island. I really like the hidden storage with panel on the side of desk. It makes the desk area look finished.

Custom glass rail: this was a very difficult design that took me and my designer months to get right. We buried the glass in the dry wall with hidden bars to hold the glass. It is one of my favorite things.

Other:

Fireplace: Spark Modern � this was a splurge but this was the BEST looking fireplace I could find.

Cabinets and design by Henrybuilt

Custom concrete (Dog Paw) and metalwork (Metal Arts) done in Seattle.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to my kitchen

Comments (27)