SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_botte

wow, wine really is a required element of any kitchen remodel!

Lisa B.
14 years ago

You guys weren't kidding around, were you?

Today I waited around all afternoon, missing DD's swimming lesson, for my kitchen cabinet delivery. Truck comes, guys a nice as can be, and they brought me all of the trim/beadboard/baseboard/valance, etc. NO CABINETS. (Mind you, this order was supposed to be in on Monday 3/15.)

Turns out the cabinets were invoiced separately and will be here, oh, sometime the week of the 29TH. Kitchen guy didn't have too much to say for himself. Needless to say, I am NOT happy about having no action around here for the next 2 weeks, and having paid in full for all of my materials in anticipation of today's delivery. I have been assured that I will be getting a call as SOON as my cabinets are in. (Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath). >:(

I will enjoy the view of my new stove in the middle of my living room for at least the next 2 weeks. At least the washer and dryer are out of there now. Did I mention we are also remodeling a bath/laundry room, which is now functional but nowhere near done... and I imagine the contractor won't bother to come back to finish that small job until he can start on the bigger kitchen project?

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm off to consume copious amounts of chocolate with a Pinot Grigio chaser... :P

Comments (33)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH