SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
familyreno

Budget Reface Kitchen Reno - Pictures

familyreno
12 years ago

I've been a long time reader of this forum, but this is my first post. I ran into technical difficulty trying to get registered and it took me forever. My new kitchen doesn't compare to most I've seen on this site, but I thought I would share because I always found pictures helpful when I was deciding on granite, faucets etc. Our kitchen reno was done on a modest budget and we decided early on to reface the main part of the kitchen since the existing "L" shape was not changing. We added a new island, switched cupboards for more drawers and reworked our existing pantry to fit a bigger, albeit counterdepth, refridgerator. It's by no means 100% finished, but we are getting there.

Here are some of the details.

Granite - Giallo Ornamental

Backsplash - (my least favorite part of the kitchen but that's another story) is Olympia - Cristalo Collection Light Beige with Creama Marfil

Sink: Blanco Silgranit in cafe brown (LOVE IT!!)

Faucet: Delta (Addison)

Island Lights: Origina Canada Lighting

Floors: Laurentian Hardwood, Legacy Series in Oak Coffee

Appliances: Fridge is Samsung Counterdepth. Slide-in range, dishwasher and microwave are Kenmore from Sears

When we bought this house 12 years ago I was so thrilled with my new golden oak kitchen. We loved it so much we ripped out the linoleum flooring and added more golden oak hardwood! The cabinets were in perfect shape which was another reason we chose to reface. It was hard to rip out perfectly good hardwood but I LOVE my new dark hardwood floors. The constant dusting & sweeping is worth it.

Here are a few shots of the BEFORE:

From Kitchen Reno
From Kitchen Reno
From Kitchen Reno

That backsplash did NOT come off easy...

From Kitchen Reno

During the reface:

From Kitchen Reno
From Kitchen Reno

And now the AFTER.

From Kitchen Reno
From Kitchen Reno

From Kitchen Reno
From Kitchen Reno

Very hard to get a good photo of the backsplash. I don't love it but it looks better in person than it does in photographs.

From Kitchen Reno

From Kitchen Reno

The drum lights over the island. I have a matching one for the kitchen table that will be put up whenever I get around to buying a kitchen table!

From Kitchen Reno

Now I'm on a quest to find the perfect bar stools, kitchen table and furniture for the adjacent family room. It never ends!

Comments (68)