SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nita__az

Texas Tour 2009 Starts Tomorrow!!!

Nita__AZ
15 years ago

What a busy time we have had since I arrived yesterday.

I got here about 3:30 Sunday afternoon. MaryAnn and I rested for a little bit before going out to her Son and DIL's house for Easter dinner and an egg hunt with the twins.

They have a beautiful home out in the country with lots of cows in the lower pastures. A gorgeous pool and a trampoline the kids were jumping on. Most everyone was in the kitchen supervising the cooking. Loyce and Harold were busy cooking and there were a bunch of friends and family gathered around the island laughing and talking. It was a fun time and the twins were having a blast being teased and tossed around by the young adults who are relatives and family friends who also have babysat them since they were little.

We had baked ham, baked beans, potato salad, fruit salad, apple pie and lots of other things I can't remember.

When we left there at almost 9pm we came home to crash. I called Daisy to check in and then MaryAnn and I chatted until almost midnight.

Today we were up early and went to eat breakfast in town on our way to do some errands in Gonzales. While there we went to Beall's to look at some clothes. I bought Bobby a pair of shorts and a couple of hats. From there we went a few blocks and had lunch with a friend of MaryAnn's. She said she had heard a lot about me and was glad to be able to put a face to a name.

From there we headed back to Nixon and MaryAnn had her hair done for the trip. She has a really fun hairdresser so we had a good time. After that we got gas for the trip and then stopped at the florists shop so MaryAnn could order a plant for a friend who passed away early this morning. We then headed home where we found that Loyce was looking for MaryAnn because she was supposed to babysit for about an hour while Loyce went to a meeting. Now we are headed out to the ranch to have spaghetti dinner with the family.

When we get back MaryAnn still has to pack. I think we will both drop exhausted into bed tonight.

We will be up early in the morning so that we can pack the trunk, get the car washed and have breakfast before we head out on the Texas Tour at 10:15 or so to go to Lockhart to meet with DeeDee for lunch. We will then head to Fredericksburg to see Buzzard at her home for a little bit and then travel to Kerrville to meet with Ruthie G and her husband. Ruthie says we are having burgers on the grill, sounds yummy to us. We will spend the night at Ruthie's house (thank you Ruthie) and probably visit for quite awhile so if your ears are burning you will know why.

We are excited to get started and looking forward to meeting everyone. See you all soon!!!

Comments (6)