SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liljunkr

period as excuse?!?

liljunkr
13 years ago

So as not to hijack the DWTS I'm posting this separately. Kendra's behavior was spoiled and rude. As it has been consistently throughout the season.

It was brought up she was on her Period this week to excuse the worst behavior so far. Not just her but many gals are using that as an excuse for so many things. With medical knowledge having advanced since I was in that stage of life there is nothing to say but................

Really so what if she was on her period? There are medications for PMS and PMDD (many are homeopathic). These medicines are well proven and have a low risk of severe side effects. They relieve the physical and emotional effects of PMS & PMDD. I would hope anyone who feels the effects of these very real conditions would seek help. Linked below is the Web MD site about the conditions and medications.

It isn't "Surprise you have your PERIOD right NOW!!! Being on your period is no excuse for spoiled, rude behavior to judges, fans and dancing coach. My step-daughter had really awful PMS when she was younger. After one particular bad bout the Doc called it PMDD. It was SO BAD it was scary at times. Even before she was on medications she managed not to be rude and offensive to her teachers, bosses, audience or staff. The medication made a great deal of improvement in the emotional and physical distress of her PMDD. I wish there were all these options way back when I was going through PMS regularly. Yes I actually did hide out at home a few times it was so awful! I got the tired, whiny, bloated, weepy, mean female dog attitude then cramps just as the flow would go PMS. I would be happy to start the PERIOD just to stop the emotional roller coaster and weird random pains. Get help for a Doc if you're having PMS or PMDD. It makes a big difference in the lives of everyone around you.

LIL

Here is a link that might be useful: PMS PMDD and medications info

Comments (12)