SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
comkow_gw

Repair Guy - HELP!!! QuadDE.......

comkow
15 years ago

Repairguy - Please help me! I think our QuadDe is installed backwards! After all of my research knowing how some installers install it backwards the first time...guess what...we are their first QuadDE customers. I was on the phone with Pentair since the pb told me I HAVE to backwash each time. Not why I bought the Quad, so I knew I wasn't going to get the help from the pb and wanted to ask my question direct to Pentair. He told me yes, I can clean only the cartridges and mentioned to me to confirm the unit is installed correctly.....as you said to me months ago. I can't tell you how many times I told the pb's plumber to make sure it was NOT installed like a regular DE. Unfortunately, as DH and I found out very late in the game, the wife (or female) has no voice....it might hvae saved them some addiitonal work..oh well, we will see.

So the Pentair guy told me "the in flow is on top, and the outflow is on the bottom...just like gravity, water flows up and then falls to the bottom"

Here is a link to my pictures showing arrows on the pipe of the water flow. It looks to me the inflow is on the bottom and the outflow is on the top.

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/comkow/

Is this backwards setting hurting anything equipment-wise??

Is my pool even being filtered? I have had to empty the vacuum filter bag 2x's today after a t-storm last night.

Thank you.

Comments (19)