SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wardman_gw

14 x 30 Ipe Deck : almost finsished :-)

wardman
16 years ago

After about 2.5 months my deck is almost finished. I worked with a local contractor and we both learned a little as the work progressed. Thanks for help from this board too!

- PT sub system

- 14 x 30 foot Ipe deck with three ribbons.

- 1/8 - 1/4 spacing depending on the planks, approx 8 foot planks, and we tried to keep symetry going. across the deck

- Ipe clip system for planks, then decided to go back and screw each end and the middle of each plank (plugged too) and screw each ribbon down entirely to secure. The ends were cupping and I wanted to make it stay down.

- Dekorators classic black balusters. If one breaks out, we figured you can slide a dow inside, bore the 1/2 inch hole out of the rail and let the dow drop in place if ever needed to replace any.

- Cabots Mahogany Flame ATO for the finish (we liked the way it looked wet and this gives it that look for now). Rolled on, and then I back burshed and even rubbed portions in. Still rubbing up oil spots. Some spots took extra oil and then rubbing helped. All day sun and southeastern PA climate.

Very happy with the deck and looking forward to using it now.

I would be happy to post pictures if someone knows how to do it.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville