SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcgowan35

Answer to: Dirtiest (Most Unsanitary) Spot in the Kitchen

chicagoans
13 years ago

Original post:

I'm inspired by palimpsest's quizzes on the decorating forum...

My mom was involved in the kitchen reno for our church. The designer / consultant met with the 'kitchen committee' and asked, "What is the dirtiest spot in the kitchen?"

So, I'm asking you, what do you think is the dirtiest spot in the kitchen? I'll post his answer later.

Later clarification: dirtiest = most unsanitary

You all came up with wonderfully icky things that make me want to go sterilize my kitchen. But according to the consultant mentioned above, the winner is... Growlery! This guy said that the most unsanitary part of a kitchen is the bottom of a woman's purse. It made me think about where I set my purse... on the train seat, bathroom counters (sometimes in public restrooms), sometimes on the floor at my feet (e.g., in a theater.)

Then, when we come home (or in the original case, when women enter the church kitchen), where do we put our purse? ON THE COUNTER. WHERE WE PREPARE FOOD. ewwww.

That prompted me to take a Clorox wipe to the bottom of my handbag, and I now hang it somewhere when I get home. In the church kitchen, they installed hooks in the walk in pantry for people to hang purses (they are told not to set them on the counters.)

So, whether or not the bottom of a woman's purse is truly the grossest thing in the kitchen, it sure got me thinking.

Thanks for everyone's answers!

Comments (21)