SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amie72_gw

In need of words of wisdom

15 years ago

Hello to all!

So glad I found this site! I used to think I was a pretty organized person....but since I stared researching this kitchen remodeling I feel like I can't absorb anything!

So far, we have received three estimates on our kitchen. Two of them are from kitchen remodeling companies and one was from a man who makes the cabinets himself. Of the two companies, one sells Candlelight Cabinetry and the other Embassy which is the line just under Omega but made by the same company. I'm having little luck finding any reviews of either of these products on the web.....so I guess my first question would be.....has anyone used either of these brands or know of anyone who has? You'd like to think you can believe the salesman when he extols the virtues of his cabinetry.....but I'm way too cynical for that. I don't want to keep getting estimates from different companies as I feel that in the end that will just muddy the water even more. So.....from those of you who are much more experienced than myself.....how do you know what is a really good cabinet? How do you judge the company? Did you rely solely on references? Needless to say, the man who makes his own cabinets is higher than the others, but not entirely out of reach. We not sure that our type of house supports such a custom kitchen.

I'm open to any and all advice and thank you sincerely in advance!

Amie

Comments (4)