SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

Off topic: Tornado

ritaweeda
13 years ago

My sister in Lakeland called me yesterday and told me a tornado was coming. I said thanks, now I'll now the instant before I die why. About 5 minutes later, suddenly it got almost pitch black, I heard the wind howling, the electricity went off, I looked out the bedroom window and all the trees, even the big huge ones, were bent halfway to the ground and twirling around and around like a child's top that's about ready to topple over. Suddenly I thought about my Uncle Robert who lives in WV where the wind never blows over 10 mph, and that if he had been here and seen that he would've probably had to run in and change his undies. I said a very bad word, I grabbed my cellphone and ran and hid in the closet for about 2 minutes. When I heard all the racket die down and emerged, I realized that the phone wouldn't have done me any good if something had happened because it doesn't work in the house anyway. Funny how the mind works at times like that. I get real excited when I see a tornado in the distance, but when it's right on top of me I get a little afeared for myself!

Comments (14)