SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemom61

sofa swap - am I crazy? pics

prairiemom61
14 years ago

We've had the dark blue, wood rope-trim sofa with claw feet, vintage 1920, for 20 years. we found it in a consignment shop, newly recovered at the best shop in St Louis, the victim of a divorce settlement. They asked $1,000, we offered half and got it. It's worked well with our mix of wing chairs, club chair and antique oak rocker. It is a really cool sofa, complete with its original sleeper system, two cots! It's been loved and well-lived on for twenty years, four kids etc. We've had the cushions re-stuffed, but the top layer of springs is worn out, and it's lost its comfy-ness. Is now going to DD2's apartment (three flights, VERY heavy steel and oak frame, ouch). Am I nuts to have given it up and go with this new sofa? It's not as dark, but is oh so comfortable. Change is good, change is good...

(Oh, and the first sofa I ordered arrived at the warehouse, WRONG FABRIC. Lane had done it in the contrasting pillow fabric! It was a sight to behold. They rush ordered the correct color and took $150 off the price and delivered for free. What a hassle. Now I know why I've never ordered a sofa. They were shocked I took it so calmly. So was I!)

Old sofa (white spot is a camera problem, the fabric is fine.)

{{!gwi}}

Unique sleeper, cot style.

{{!gwi}}

New sofa, four inches taller and much deeper.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County