SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grumpydave

MobileTouch costs?

grumpydave
13 years ago

I'm currently waiting for Shasta to provide a quote to replace all my equipment and re-plumb everything. I'm planning on going Pentair (VS-3050, IntelliChlor). In the meantime the electrician already stopped by and gave me his part of the quote for the controllers and electrical. I had him give me one quote for an EasyTouch and one for an IntelliTouch.

The two controllers are only a few hundred $ different, but the IT also needs a power center and the wireless remote is obscenely expensive. Ultimately the IT package is $2K more than the ET package.

But what really caught my eye was the price on the IT MobileTouch wireless controller. He's charging me $1575 for it. During my research I'd heard that Pentair dropped the price on the MT a year or so ago. Searching the internet shops I see quite a range of prices. There are quite a few in the $800 ballpark. There's a few around $1K, and there are also quite a lot between $1400 and $1800.

So my question is... what do MobileTouch controllers really go for these days? Should I pass on the one quoted and buy one myself for nearly half the price? Are those $800 models missing something or will they plug right into my new system?

Alternatively, it looks like it might be cheaper to skip the wireless controller altogether and buy the PC connection kit for the IntelliTouch and then use ScreenLogic on my iPad. If I went that route would the software on the iPad have all the functionality of the wired or wireless remote?

Comments (7)