SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arizonaguy

Pool Builder Screwed Up Please help with my options!

arizonaguy
15 years ago

OK, I posted another message regarding this and Repair Guy was a big help on determining what the problems were. Now, I have now some options regarding my pool builder's screw up (my opinion) with some fixes.

I have:

- Pentair IntelliFlo VF (NOT A VS)

- Pentair IC40 SWG

- Easy Touch 4PS (Pool or Spa).

- One Hayward Goldline value control

- 3 Sheers Decents connected together with valve to move from sheers to SWG

- Suction side vac (Hayward Ultra Vac - PB choice NOT mine) separate from skimmer

- Pentair Quad DE 160

My main problem is the Easy Touch doesn't work with the Intelliflow VF (had 2 companies look at it). Also the repair guy found that the PCB is fried on the Intelliflo and replacement parts on the way (I bet the installer hooked it up wrong!).

I want to setup a specified FLOW/GPM based on what I have read seems to be the most effecient way to go. I don't think I just want RPM setup. I want to do a short cycle with valve moved to vacuum only for 2+- hours, then switch value over to skimmer only and run for remaining 2-6 hours (estimate) for the SWG.

PB is willing to help out and fix the mistakes on the pump/automation somewhat and here are my options:

Q1) Upgarde to Intellitouch 5S (PN 520506) with a Mobile Touch for an ADDITIONAL $1336, and will be put instead of my EasyTouch 4PS stuff.

Q2) Have the repair guys put another board on the VF and effectively neuter it and make it work like a VS. PB is NOT willing to give me a credit for changing this from a VF to a VS. Then the EasyTouch will operate the pump as a VS.

Regarding the vacuum. The Hayward Ultra Vac is awful in my opinion it seems to take at least 40GPM to get it moving reasonably and to get to climb parts of the wall. I have a 3.5 to 7.5 feet deep 34 ft long and 16 ft wide pool. The Hayward seems to stay in the deep end way too much.

Here are my options:

V1) Keep the Hayward

V2) Get the Polaris ATV I original was suppose to get for no up charge (I have heard this is a parts problem after 1 year)

V3) Get "The PoolCleaner" for no up charge (Is the 2x better than the 4x my pool vac line is almost in the center of the pool so both might work?)

I am just trying to have an effecient setup: Pentair Quad DE 160, Pentair Intelliflo VF, and some automation. No heaters, no spa, no solar, just pool+sheer decents+vacuum.

HELP PLEASE! I am a first time pool owner and is it really this tough to build this simple of a setup?

Also BTW my 2 main drains in the bottom of the pool do not suction under any configuration is this normal?

I welcome any opinions or comments from those great people out there.

Is Q1+V3(4wheel) the way to go?????? Better Options???

Thanks,

Arizona Guy

Comments (3)