SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjca

Diagonal Corner--Am I going to be annoyed?

sjerin
12 years ago

I would so appreciate thoughts on this set-up and I also hope my second-time-ever posting of a pic will work. I don't know how to get it into the text--can anyone lead me to those directions? I don't see it in the 'New To Kitchens...' thread.

Anyway, in order not to have a tunnel effect of the doorway into the house, the architect decided that cutting off a corner would help negate that look and I'm sure she's right. But it takes away a little room in the kitchen, which I've been trying to maximizing, of course. I have to say that the plan is a done deal and I'm submitting it to the city next week or so, but in a last minute panic I'm wondering whether standing at the sink or the stove will be irritating to me. I'm so used to prepping to the right of the stove and am pretty sure I won't use the island for that purpose--old habits die hard. Do you have any pictures of this type of corner I can see? I tried to google it but am probably not using the correct term or phrase as I didn't have any luck.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (19)