SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smuggs_gw

Jandy LX Heater Flashback on Startup

smuggs
13 years ago

I'm entering my third year with my pool in South Jersey. This year, I'm having a problem with my Jandy LX heater. It "flashes back" when attempting to start up. In the past 2 years, this happened once or twice as there were spider webs and the like in the venturis. This year, I attempted to clean any debris out with my air compressor after finding this flashback happening for more than a couple times.

The heater is still under warranty, but I am trying to understand what could be causing this so that the Pool Company doesn't just put a band-aid in place.

Thanks for your help

Comments (2)

• mee315
    13 years ago

is it natural gas or propane? Either way i'm guessing your burner is clogged or damaged..I don't know much about Jandy but if you're handy and can pull the burner apart and clean it out and inspect for damage you can replace or reinstall... next after that could be bad valve... messing with gas can be nasty so best call someone that is certified in working with natural and lp units...

• poolguynj
    13 years ago

Keeping the heater area cleared of stuff like weeds, shrubs, empty chem tubs, etc... will reduce the likelihood of bugs seeing refuge there.

Scott

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022