SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trishrk

Baby-Loc pool fence - How safe is it?

trishrk
14 years ago

Hello all. First time posting for me. I just had a baby-loc fence installed. I have a five year old and an inground pool, which has been closed for the last 4 years due to lack of money to fix a tattered liner and replace an inadequate pump and filter. We finally have the money to open it and fence it in. It is an actual Baby-Loc brand fence, 5' with fiberglass poles and we got the gate. I can't seem to find any reviews on this fence. Is it good enough to keep her out? She can't swim at all, even with a vest on. We plan on teaching her beginning next week when the liner is finished. But still... I am concerned. I do like it and was told by the pool company who installed it that it is safe, but it still doesn't seem quite as safe as the 8' chain link the neighbors put around their pool. I think I was expecting something slightly different from the pictures I saw. It "gives" a little when you push on it. I thought it would be more stable. And the claims on the Baby-Loc web site about it only being a barrier. That bothers me. I was hoping that I would feel secure letting her play in the yard with this fence around the pool. She is five now and our back yard is fenced in and safe with no road access, only houses of people we know around it. so sometimes I am in the house and she is playing in the yard. I watch her out the back window, but unfortunately, her father doesn't always watch her as carefully as i do when she is outside. I just wish I had a little more reassurance. She is five and does understand the dangers somewhat. She had a scare at a friend's pool last summer and I think that made her a bit less likely to try to get in there. I have been more worried about her not paying attention and falling in accidentally. But you never know. She could get curious. Also, on one corner, one panel is somewhat loose. The mesh. It droops a bit at the top. Is this a concern and should I demand that they fix it?

Comments (10)