SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gaylek

?about DE in pool

gaylek
13 years ago

We had our sand filter changed out to a DE filter and had new pump installed in Nov/Dec. 09. As soon as we started the pool last spring and all last year we had this gray powder-looking stuff in the pool and the screen to the Letro Plat. Truck vac would clog within an hour.

I took water samples in regularly to be tested. Water would test great. The girl in the office would call the service manager. First time he wanted me to treat it for algae which we did. Next time he told her that he was having a lot of pools with this problem. I then called and talked with the owner of the company who installed the filter since I had never had any problems with clogging before. I took photos and sent to him. I printed the photos and took to the office. I took the contents of what was stopping up the screen to the vac into the shop. He didn't know what it was or why the problems.

Well, this year it started again. Determined not to have another year like last year, I called and requested the company to come check the system, check the cell etc. Well, when the service guy came and took the top off the filter, he asked me where the rest of it was. I told him it was just like it was when it was installed. Turns out the top part that has the screen on it was not on the filter. So the DE was just going back into the pool all last year. Is there any health risks to all of the kids who swam in the pool?? My concern is health issues for everyone!

(BTW, the pool is almost clear of the DE and the screen to vac. has nothing in it!!!FINALLY!They did give me a bill but I wrote that I didn't feel I owed the money since we paid for the filter and installation and the filter was defective!!)

Comments (3)