SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Photo copyright protection and photobucket

TxMarti
12 years ago

I just logged onto photobucket and got a popup with their new privacy policy update. This paragraph in there bothers me:
Public Postings. Photographs and videos which you submit for use on public areas on Photobucket are considered public information and may be copied or further distributed by others in accordance with the Terms of Use. If you submit any personal or PII for display in public areas, other people who visit the Site may see it. If geotags are included in your postings, those will be viewable, too, but we offer you the ability to disable this information in the Account Settings of your account. Alternatively, if the option exists, you might want to disable the location settings on your camera or phone.

The part in bold really bothers me. After what happened to Alison, and having some of my blog photos copied to other sites, I know that copyright means nothing to a lot of people, but for photobucket to explicitly give away my rights to photos I've posted there really bothers me.

Comments (10)