SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Screen Porch, finally, 3 years in the making!

concretenprimroses
13 years ago

Three years ago our back porch was listing and we knew we had to have it repaired. The 1920s vintage footings for the porches were concrete poured in nail buckets. In the process we decided that we should screen the porch in and make it look similar to the upstairs screened in sleeping porch. Finally the screening was completed on Monday! The reason it took so long, is that my dh wanted to do all painting and repairing before the screens were up. I'm so pleased. Our house is not beautiful, but it is a nice practical comfortable home. The trim is white (and peeling) in this pic - not sure where the yellowy green came from!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

We also replaced the skinny corner boards with wide ones all over the house at the same time. The porch faces east and the siding is a bit washed out looking cuz of the morning sun. We used Screeneze system (downstairs, upstairs is traditional screening.)

We have these engineered wood steps that are nice to sit on and a stone patio so that we still have outdoor living space.

I'll have fun setting up the porch. There's still a lot of painting to do but now I have a lovely bug free place to rest in the evening.

We had to replace several of the front porch footings too, but that isn't completely painted yet, so I'll post that when done.

Kathy

Comments (9)