SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swimmingbandit2

Balancing Act: fixing the water

swimmingbandit2
17 years ago

Okay, I need help! My calcium was low, so I'm still trying to get that up. The local pool store said my copper was too high and to add "metal out", which I did the day after adding the product to raise the calcium. The calcium went up 16ppm, and the copper went down .8ppm. Then, I read in my booklet, to turn OFF my Pool Frog System...but it was too late, the system ran for 24 hours with the metal out. Is my BRAND NEW Pool Frog Mineral Cartridge ruined??? I'm desperate to know, those things are so darned expensive!!!

I can't get my chlorine to read on the test strips...I know with the pool frog it usually doesn't register much but I can't get it to read at all. The pool store printout says my total chlor is .2, and the pool frog setting I have it on usually is above a .5, so why is it giving me such a hard time? If I leave the solar cover off will that help burn off the excess Cyanuric Acid? My level is 111ppm, and it will continue to rise because the pool frog bac pac (the chlorine) is tri-chlor....

Okay experts, any thoughts....I tell you this pool frog system is more trouble than its worth and every year (this is summer #6) it gives me more trouble and costs more money.

Comments (9)