SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oakrunfarm

Anyone buy an outdoor shower that doesn't look cheesy or isn't $$

oakrunfarm
14 years ago

Hello all,

I hope some of you are already swimming! Here in NC, we've been in every Sunday since mid-April, but it is still C-O-L-D to me!!! (About 75-77 degrees water temps.)

I got the idea in my mind that I would like to have an outdoor shower. We don't want to build any kind of structure beyond maybe something to hide an LP tank to heat the water.

We've got a really good spot on our pool deck beside our house (red brick) with a spigot. There's also a drain close by. It's a spot we don't really use for anything else, so it's ideal.

Privacy is not an issue as we are on acreage with no nearby neighbors.

I have seen some outdoor showers for sale, but I don't know whether or not they will hold up, or if they'll stain or mildew. I've heard teak holds up well, and I like the look of teak. I think it would go with our house design too. (Can post a pic of the location if that would help.) We also have some outdoor wicker in a deep espresso that I like the looks of too if someone makes a shower in a material like that.

I have seen some for $750 and up, but I don't really want to have to spend that much for one.

Can anyone give me input on any brands or types they have had experience with - good or bad? I suppose we could just mount the shower head on the side of the house, but I think I would prefer something already set up and ready to go with some kind of floor or mat for drainage.

Thanks so much!

Comments (4)