Houzz Logo Print
minnie_tx

marilyn_sue ?

17 years ago

A lot of questions to keep us on our toes

Comments (15)

  • 17 years ago

    I know, I guess I have to be doing something. I don't feel like being on this sore knee! How are you doing Minnie? Some years back you were kind enough to send me you pattern for your wrap around pants. I still have that pattern, but haven't gotten around to making them. I plan on it though! Thanks Again.
    Sue

  • 17 years ago

    I made two or three of them about twenty years ago . They were pretty neat. Gals in my office also made them now I'm in jeans or in hot weather shorts. Don't get dressed up Fancy any more.
    Sorry about your knee.

  • 17 years ago

    Thanks Minnie, I had a total knee replacement in my right knee I think 6 maybe 7 years ago. I did not do well after the surgery, so I really don't want to have to go through it again with my other knee. I have been working a bit and resting a bit. I have to go downstairs and fix Izzi her supper and maybe I'll fix myself a sandwich or something. I called hubby and told him to pick himself up something to eat. He doesn't know when he will get home.

    I still want to make up some pants for one of my girls. I know you emailed out a lot of those patterns. Do you recall how many you sent out?

    Sue

  • 17 years ago

    I'm curious about your name. Have you always been called 'Sue' -- even though it appears that 'Marilyn' is your first name?

    My middle name is 'Sue', and no one ever used my first name. Now, with Medicare, I have to get used to it because it IS my legal name.

    I was once in recovery after surgery and became pretty irritated with a patient who wouldn't answer the nurse who was calling her name. (It was ME, but they didn't know I only answer to 'Sue'.)

  • 17 years ago

    I can't remember how many I sent out. That was in March and April 2002 a long time ago. They might be good for you to have now then you wouldn't have to lift you knee up and stick it in a leg.

  • 17 years ago

    Love the questions. I think it is fun to answer them and to read everyone elses answers. Fun.
    Sorry about your knee. They want me to get knee replacement, but I am holding off for now.

    Keep the questions a commin' :)

  • 17 years ago

    My middle name is Sue :o)

  • 17 years ago

    Yes, my middle name is Sue and all of my family on my Dad's call me Sue, earlier on my Mother's family that lived in another state always called me Marilyn. Now all call me Sue. My checking account only has my middle and last name on them. I don't know how my parents came up with my name and my sister's names. Hers is Frances Jean. She goes by her middle name too, but it is Jeanie. Just as I started to go down and fix my sandwich, youngest daughter and husband brought their fur babies over for us to watch. They went to the fish fry with their neighbors. Then after they left oldest daughter and her husband showed up and brought their doggy with them and they visited for quite a bit, so I didn't get to get back on here. The dogs are still down stairs with hubby and Izzi is dozing on my bed. So good to chat with everyone.

    Sue

  • 17 years ago

    Sue someone sent me a photo of how to get into the pants after you make them,I'm sorry the pic isn't big. after you make them you tie the back ties around your middle to tthe front then you step ove them and them bring up the front and tie them around to the back . If you can rememberwhat the pattern looked like

  • 17 years ago

    no bending the knee to get them on

  • 17 years ago

    Thanks a bunch Minnie. I really need to get that sewing room of mine straightened up! This is terrible, can't walk, can't lift, I do scoot on the floor pretty good to dust! I have the nicest big table in my sewing room to cut fabric on. I was at this rummage sale, I think last year, anyway, they had this big mission style dining room table with leaves for $50. Perfect. I have a cutting board on the top to protect it. I have two computer desks in there with sewing machines on them. Two big wardrobes with shelves, and a clothes pole in each and a matching chest of drawers. I got the wardrobes at Lowes when they were moving, $10.00 each! They are tall things. Daughter painted them white and they have really nice stenciled leaves on them. The chest of drawers was from another rummage and painted to match the wardrobes, five dollars for it. Lots of odds and ends in there, boy do I need to get busy!
    I sure hope I can hobble to church tomorrow. I didn't get to go last Sunday. I have to take my sweet potato casserole and my yeast rolls. I will bake my rolls in the morning after they raise. They are made up and frozen. Oh its for the monthly church dinner. So nice to hear from everyone.

    Sue

  • 17 years ago

    Oh! Glenda, your middle name isn't 'Goodwitch'? LOL 'Sue' is pretty plain compared to that! I love the name 'Glenda'.

    Marilyn Sue -- Yes, our bank checks and my credit card are all 'Sue'. It's so annoying to have to remember 'who' I am, depending on the circumstances. It's also kind of strange since my first name is the same as DH's first fiancee. (They broke up long before I knew him.)

  • 17 years ago

    So I was told my dad wanted to name me Susieque! Didn't get his way!

    Ended up calling me "dinner" all my life!

    I don't know why!

  • 17 years ago

    Maybe he thought you were cute enough to eat!

    Sue :)

  • 17 years ago

    Glenda, that's where my screen name comes from - my dear Dad (departed). I was told that there was some thought of naming me Susan, and even though they didn't he frequently called me Suzieque.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!