SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harryc_gw

Your Advice on Pipe, Pump and Filter size

harryc
17 years ago

Last week we had a meeting with the PB to address some questions about our up-coming pool. I could not make the meeting so my wife went with our list of questions.

Let me say up front that I donÂt think I know more than the pool builderÂbut being on this list for a few years now, I really respect the advise IÂve read here and I really need to hear your advice on three concerns I have about pipe size and pool pump and filter.

The pool will be a Trilogy Fiberglass, 15x34 x 5Â6" deep, 8900gal.

He said he will use 1 ½" PVC with a Hayward Power Flo 115V pump with the Pentair Clean & Clear CC 50 cartridge filter. Reading what others have done on this list, it seems that most get 2" PVC. And that pump he suggested is a pump for an above ground pool???Âis not a 220V pump the way to go. I wanted the Pentair WisperFlo 1HP 220V and he told my wife I did not need it for the size pool I was getting.

So, what he recommends:

1- 1 ½ PVC

2- Hayward Power Flo 1hp 115V Pump

3- Pentair Clean & Clear CC 50 cartridge filter

I was thinking:

1- 2" PVC

2- Pentair WisperFlo 1HP 220V

3- Pentair Clean & Clear Plus CCP 240 cartridge filter

This EQ he spec'ed comes with the price he quoted. If what he is recommending will work...fine, but if it is better to go with the other stuff, please let me know. I'll pay the extra if it's the best way to go. We Need your thoughts and advice,

Regards,

Harry

Comments (7)