SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvmyguys

Need opinions on this granite overhang (pic)

luvmyguys
15 years ago

OK...I'm getting horrible OCD tendencies during this kitchen remodel and that's in addition to the anxiety attacks about how much money we're spending as the economy goes down the tubes. I'm not sure if my brain is capable of seeing things clearly, so I need some objective opinions on the granite install. It was spec'd to have a 1 1/2" overhang throughout the kitchen. But on one side of the peninsula (family room side), the overhang is only about 1", maybe a tiny bit more. On the other side of the peninsula, the overhang is a little more than 1 3/4". There are 12" deep cabinets facing the FR, and the granite appears to barely overhang the cabinet doors. It's hard to get a good pic so I hope these show what I'm talking about.

We're being told that nothing can be done at this point. Our KD told us there is a possibility the fabricator might give us a small credit- like maybe $200 on a $4400 install cost (which also included a 48" bath vanity though). Someone from the fabrication company is coming out Tuesday morning to look at the job. Tell me what you think. Will I just get used to how it looks? Should we ask for a credit and if so, how much is reasonable?

Comments (6)