SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myonlysunshine22_gw

Introduction! So excited!! (pic heavy)

myonlysunshine22
14 years ago

Hello!

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks now, captivated by all of the member's ideas, choices, support offered to others, and amazing kitchens! I figured it is about time to introduce myself since I have started to check this page more than my own email!

I married my husband and moved into his house a year and a half ago and have been dying to put my stamp on it ever since!! We started by residing and installing new windows last summer and were moving at a pretty good pace, until my husband fell off of a ladder and broke both of his wrists! eeeks!

Since then, we have been on hold not only to heal, but to accomplish the ever difficult task of saving money (husband refuses to buy anything without cash). SO, I have been living in a semi-gutted house for almost a year now, and am now at the point where I can start with choosing kitchen materials and getting estimates! Woo! The process will still go slow I'm sure, as I am a full-time college student (with a husband who refuses loans of ANY kind).

We plan on switching the kitchen and dining rooms and taking down the wall between the two, replacing the floors throughout, and renovating the bathroom. I have many challenges (like textured plaster walls EVERYWHERE ugh) and would love some advice and support!!

Here are some of my inspiration photos:

Just for the arch-

And...everything has to be done with her in mind.....

Comments (15)