SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ganggreen980

Verde Butterfly versus Uba Tuba

ganggreen980
16 years ago

I'm looking for thoughts from those of you who can "visualize," because I certainly don't have that ability!

Our cabinets will be maple with a cider stain. We had chosen Verde Butterfly granite. However, I think we're at that "take-away" phase of the process, obviously due to budget. Anyway, our floor guru (recommended by both GC and, interestingly enough, our realtor) has a supply of Uba Tuba available for almost half the cost of the butterfly.

If the numbers of this project dictate, I think we will be needing to cut some costs. Obviously this would be a good way. I'm not concerned about the fabrication - the same fabricator will be used.

I guess I'm just wondering if these two granites will "read" similarly? DH loves the butterfly but he could be convinced to change if the price was right. We need a lot of granite, so the difference in cost is not small.

I do like the fact that it is a very neutral granite, which would be a positive if and when we sell the house.

As for my personal preference, I love the greens in the butterfly, but I had originally liked the Uba Tuba. I just don't want my kitchen to get too dark!

Thanks.

Comments (11)