SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Upgrading Kids BR....Flag Source?

ttodd
14 years ago

After seeing a bedroom w/ flags in it in this months issue of HB, DS1 is wants to start making his room a bit more 'grown-up'. LOL as he's only 6 and shares his room w/ his 3yo old brother. I think very minor things can be done at an extremely minimal cost on our end/ I expect the flags to be the most money.

Anyway - the magazine photo had a British and an American flag over the bed. I was thinking that we could get a flag holder that holds 2 flags to mount on the wall over each kids headboard. We would hang an American and a British flag over each bed in keeping w/ the current light blue walls and red, tan and navy accents.

To 'up-grade' the current vintage transportation theme I told him that we could take really cool black and white photos of his Pop-Pops collection of antique and vintage MG's that he collects and works on. Okay - my minds churning here - please see side note at end of post for an upcoming birthday gift idea.

I don't want 'cheapie' looking flags and was wondering if any of you have suggestions of where to look so that I can start getting an idea of price ranges. I am willing to spend more to get decent flags that will last as I'm sure that when the kids tire of them DH will want to use them in his 'Man-Cave' (DH was excited about the kids wanting flags).

We never know what to get for Pop-pop's birthday becuase he's such a simple guy and never wants for anything or asks for anything. Birthday gift idea (and to hang in the kids room): Pop-pop has 3 MG's and 4 Grandsons 3yrs - 16yrs and all very close despite the age differences. MG's are Pop-pops passion. So I'm thinking for Christmas we pull 2 of Pop-Pops MG's out that are more 'Race style' and ask 2 MG Club members to bring over their MG's. We stagger them in the driveway w/ each kid at the wheel wearing swim goggles. I have a massive fan that we can turn on in front to make it look like their hair is blowing in the wind from racing and take black and white photos of them all for Pop-Pop for his birthday.

How lame am I?!

Comments (4)