SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebound_gw

labor estimate to redeck

homebound
15 years ago

Any help appreciated here. I need to come up with a rough labor price for redecking a 2nd floor wood deck (my first job like this, DC area, and it took me longer than I had thought, but so it goes). (I had someone else do the composite rail install; Premier) Details:

2nd floor 2x6 existing wood, nailed deck, 16 x 32 basic "vertical" footprint, where deck is mostly 16 x 28 with two 45 degree outside corners, plus adj. landing and steps.

1) remove boards, wood railing, 18' of built-in benches, stairs (not including dump/hauling, which I paid separately)

2) install 13 or so addl. 16' 2x12 joists between the old one's, which were 24" o.c. - (owner wanted deck with less bounce, etc, and also for a possible redeck years down the road.)

3) install 2x6 PT decking, screwed

4) secure band joist with lag screws, etc, and box underneath near the 4x4 rail posts, etc., also drill and bolt the existing 6x6 posts (6 total) to the beam (They were currently lag screwed)

5) install fascia, which was a combo of 2x4 PT, installed flush with floor, and 1x10 PT boards. (guess it was about 68' l.f. total)

6) install 6' threshold piece, glued

Any help with a labor number for these, at least a rough range, greatly appreciated.

BTW, separately had my rail installer also replace the stair stringers and treads, since there was an issue with how the 4x4 posts would look when finished.

7) how much to sand (combo of belt + hand sanding) a 12x12 deck at grade level. It was in decent condition, but owner removed old solid stain and was going with something else on his own.

Thanks again.

Comments (6)