SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
passport4vicki

Pacemaker Surgery

Vicki Pidgeon
16 years ago

Hi,

My mom will have a pacemaker put in next week. She lives in the Boston area, I live in the San Farancisco area. She just got scheduled two days ago, so not much notice. She told me she didn't need help; she told my sister she wished she had the surgery when she was visiting last month. My sister lives in LA Area.

I had plans to go down to be with my sister next week. Her son will come home on leave from Iraq. I was going to take my 11 yr old DD to Disneyland; and then to my sisters to help with a party and see my nephew. My 17 yr DD will be in Mexico on a missions trip. My married DD was to fly down for the party and drive back with me.

Now I am having second thoughts. Should I be with my mother instead? My DH said my mom is able to tell me if she needs help or not. My mom is not the kind of person to admit she wants help or someone to be there. I read online about the procedure. Does anyone know how bad the procedure is? How is the recovery? I know she will not work for a month. She is 70 and I wish she was not working at all. She has a live-in boyfriend. I do have one other sister that lives close by. But she is a single parent and is very busy.

Any thoughts? Another problem is that short notice tickets are expensive and there are no dates open to use our miles on United.

Vicki

Comments (9)