SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darenka

In ground spa vs partial in ground spa

darenka
16 years ago

Husband is desperate for a spa, so the landscape designer added one to the plan for consideration. It's an acrylic version but level with the ground. I called a few spa places and several said they wouldn't touch or recommend an in ground spa: pump problems, leaks, etc... I'm wondering if anyone has a seperate spa and how reliable they are? One company does a partial in ground spa and a build up around it to blend in with the landscape. It is a cheaper option, but I'd really like the beast level with the ground (anything to hide/disguise it is good). The advantage to the partial in ground spa is that all the pumps/plumbing would be easier to reach.

We will not be adding a pool, much to the doggies' dismay, but I'd like to invite them into the spa. Does dog hair do serious damage to a spa? This is an added advantage to the in ground spa as I see it.

Are today's spas mostly maintenance free? I've seen too many dead spas from the 70's-80's to be really excited about spas. DH is certain my injured, aging knees will fall in love immediately.

Thanks for any insight you can provide

Comments (4)