SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrspete

Storage of pool items?

mrspete
11 years ago

As we design our retirement home, I'm feeling uncertain about storage and would appreciate help from those of you who already have pools:

The house plan with which we're in love has a garage to the front of the house; thus, NO direct access from the garage to the backyard /pool area.

I've played around with flip-flopping the master bedroom to the front and the garage to the back . . . but it just doesn't work. Moving the garage would mean 1) I'd lose the nice windows on two walls of the master bedroom, and I do so love cross-ventilation. 2) I'd lose direct access from the bedroom to the backyard pool /hot tub.

So, my questions are,

- How much space do I really need for pool equipment? Skimmers? Chemicals? Floaties and other toys?
- Is it reasonable to think these could be stored in the garage /carried through the back hallway to the back yard . . . or could these be housed in an armoire type storage item on the back yard's covered porch . . . or should I really be thinking of adding a small shed dedicated to pool items? Perhaps I need this anyway to hide pump equipment?

Oh, I know I am woefully ill-informed.

Comments (2)