SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Uh,oh..... I may have acted a bit hastily.

DLM2000-GW
14 years ago

You see, I have Craigslist Fever. It's a good thing. Mostly. I'm getting things sold that pretty much don't belong in our lives anymore. But the success of my sales went to my head, apparently and I listed our outdoor deck furniture late yesterday afternoon. It sold. For full price. Before 8. And I had to turn away over a half dozen people who still wanted to come see it last night. In the dark. And did I mention it was raining and thundering and lightening? Could be I didn't price it high enough. DH says I'm greedy :-/

It wasn't old - 3 years. It wasn't worn out in any way. It wasn't ugly. There was nothing much wrong with it but I have never loved it. Should one love outdoor furniture? The chairs are really heavy so it makes sliding in and out from the table over the deck boards a bit of a workout. And the table is a rectangle. And that's the kicker. It sits in a part of our deck that I think would welcome a round table. Everything about our deck is so boxy. And round would be, well, round.

But, until last night I hadn't looked for outdoor furniture with round tables. Boppin' around online I saw some but nothing that called my name and they are too small, anyway. I'd like to be able to seat 6. And I'd like it not to cost a lung because the stuff sits outside in rain and snow and bird poop. A high pressure garden hose has to suffice for cleaning and no cushions that I need to put on take off put on take off.

So what diameter table will I need to seat 6? And does anyone know of a nice looking set, reasonable quality, not high end but not plastic either? And not a fortune?

I'm going to stop listing things for a while. Good idea, huh?

Comments (21)