SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aggietexan

Concrete Coating for Deck

aggietexan
13 years ago

We currently have a SunDek coating on our pool deck and patio that we're looking to replace. I would rather not just recoat with the same material, since my husband and I haven't been happy with the durability or the look of the SunDek. The deck is 5 years old, and it looks 20. :(

I don't want to get into a huge construction project, so converting to stone is out. If we went with stone, we would have to replace our coping, which would also get us into having to replace 3-year-old tile. In addition, we have PebbleTec that was applied at the same time as the tile. It looks great and I don't want to risk messing it up!

I've found a product called "LimeCoat" or "CarveStone" that looks interesting. The pictures are fantastic, and the durability sounds great. It looks like it can be applied right over our existing deck and brick coping, then carved out to look like stone. The coating is hand applied instead of sprayed on, so it will cost quite a bit more than SunDek, but it sounds like it would hold up better. It would be worth it to me to pay more up front if I'm not going to have to fork over $2.5K+ every 4 or 5 years for resurfacing!

Bullion Coatings (who I trust) here in Houston is offering this product, so I've asked them for an estimate. There are a couple other companies I've found that are also installing the product...one is LimeCoat and the other is Allied Outdoor Solutions.

Do any of you in the Houston area have any experience with this product in our climate? If so, how do you like it?

Comments (7)