SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knaak

Medallion/Schuler Shipping Method

knaak
16 years ago

Greetings!

After horrible experiences with Kraftmaid and Merillat, I finally figured out delivery guys can be murder on cabinets. The Kraftmaid set came out with one broken cabinet and every one of my 41 other cabinets had scratches in the finish. When the box says "Face side. Do no stack on this side." it really means do NOT stack on that side! After wasting a massive amount of time with Kraftmaid (detailed in an earlier post) I tried Merillat since they were out of New Mexico -- only two states away from me. Those ones didn't have any scratches on them, but EVERY upper cabinet was broken. I don't mean a little dent or ding either -- I mean as we lifted a cabinet out of the box, a side stayed down in the box! I guess hot glue doesn't hold up very well during shipping. So, I've been striking out with cabinets, and it has a lot to do with shipping.

With that in mind, I am currently looking at Medallion cabinets (and Schuler through Lowe's). My questions for anyone that has these cabinets are: how were they packaged? Was the whole cabinet saran wrapped, or wrapped in a blanket? How were the corners protected? Were the shelves shipped separately, or already installed?

I talked to the KD at Lowe's and he has never been at a job site when the cabinets first arrive. He said his installers are very happy with the way Schuler packs their cabinets vs. Kraftmaid and Diamond, but he didn't have details. So, any details would be very much appreciated! This is, one way or another, going to be my last shipment of cabinets. Either they will arrive in one piece and we can move forward on the house, or they'll arrive with all sorts of damage and I'll be in an insane asylum :)

Comments (4)