SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Plans keep changing ... what would you do?

remodelfla
16 years ago

I've keep going around so much I'm making myself dizzy. Fiance and I live in my home and rent his out. After talking last night we decided that in 2 years we will move back to his (much cheaper to live) home and sell mine. Originally I had thought that would be at least a 5 year plan not 2. I was going to tweak my current kitchen by changing my range to an induction top, new frig, DW, and get either a Monogram wall oven with Advantium stacked, or put the Monogram under the induction and the Advantium elsewhere. That plan would then require adding some pieces to my cabinets from HD and getting new countertops and backsplash. My current kitchen is kinda dull and bland. Does it pay to do this? I definately feel I need to do some updating to my kitchen either way. OR... should I just keep my existing layout and just update the appliances to stainless. I would get a new frig, DW, range, and convection micro. That way I could keep my countertops (Silestone and nice) and maybe just update the cabs with some new wall paint, new backsplash, and new hardware. Does it pay to go to the expense of adding new cab pieces to get my much coveted induction top? Would the average person know about and desire and induction top over a range setup? My area is nice, suburban, homes range in the $450K arena; but by no means exclusive. I figure in a couple of years the market will pick back up.

Here is a link so you can see what I have now. Sorry if this is long. I tried to be as concise as possible. I really need some advice.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee250/remodelfla/

Comments (6)