SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommamouro_gw

How do we keep our existing cabinets, but change floor plan?

mommamouro
11 years ago

We are beginning a remodel of our kitchen in order to get more space for our large (8 kids) family. We need to move our stove off of our peninsula in order to be able to vent it properly and increase the BTU's (crummy stove currently). However, if we move the stove we are going to have to remove cabinets. Or if we put a cooktop on the counter, it will not line up with cabinets underneath. We can fill the area in where the range was with a wall oven and countertop. The problem is that I really like my cabinets. They are Hickory and in such good condition. In order to afford all that we need to do on this remodel (floor, counters, appliances, etc.) we would be possibly downgrading on cabinets. It is not that we would buy cheap cabinets, they just would not be as nice as the Hickory we currently have. The KD said that we would just have to do all new cabinets. I don't want to do that. Any ideas? I know we will have to order some new because we are tearing out a walk-in pantry to get more kitchen space and adding 2 tall cabinet pantries. Can I save my cabinets or is she right, it just won't work?

Comments (12)