SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bberger_gw

Plumbing for remodel

bberger
15 years ago

I have the following situation: suction; 1 1/2in. main drain that I upsized to 2in. at the top edge, 2in. skimmer, added 1 1/2in sweep line, 2in added side drain. skimmer and drain-60ft run, sweep line-40 ft., side drain-20 ft. Return: 2in to pool eyeballs (i don't know where the split is), 6' sheer descent, 1 1/2in. to a waterfall that I built. Pool is about 15k with attached spa. I have the following equipment: new 60sq. ft. Hayward DE filter, a new 2hp Max E glas II pump, a new 1hp Max E Glas II, a used 1hp max e glas I, a new Hayward 400k heater, SWG, and ps8. I have test run the sheer descent and the waterfall each separately with the 1hp pump and they work great. My thoughts are to run the sheer descent isolated with 1hp. Run the pool main, sweep, and skimmer (suction) and return to eyeballs, and waterfall with the 2hp. And run the spa isolated with the other 1hp. (the spa has only 4 jets with 1/2in orafices) Problem is, how can I share the filter? I know I can't run 2hp + 1hp through it at the same time. And I know I can't really run 2hp to the spa. And I also know you guys don't like Hayward and I know a VS or VF pump would be better. But is it worth eating those 2 new pumps to get VS/VF? Help me out here. My head's ready to explode trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance, Bruce

Comments (9)