SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmarv1951

The Ottoman (pic heavy)

mrsmarv
15 years ago

I've been in the process of building a coffee table ottoman for our soon-to-be-arriving sectional. I needed it to be a certain size and height. We didn't want leather and I didn't find anything in fabric that I was in love (or even in like) with. I had a small ottoman from our recently sold sofa and chair set that had the perfect set of feet. The feet are the same shape of those on our newly purchased sectional. And the best part is that it had the screw-in hardware to go with the feet. So I disassembled the ottoman to see how it was constructed, took the hardware and feet off and went to town. I figured out what lumber and materials I neeeded and made a trip to Home Depot. I sanded and spray painted the feet to match the antique black feet on the sectional.

The last step is to make the fabric cover, which I'll do next weekend because the fabric is on its way from fabricguru.com. I'm hoping I love it as much as I think I will or it's off on another fabric quest. Hey, good things take time ;o) I'll post the final pics once the sectional arrives and the ottoman is finished and in place.

The only pics I forget to take were the ones that showed the high-density foam cut and adhesived in place. At that point in the process I was extremely excited and on a roll LOL.

Here's how it looks, san fabric (it does have its muslin "underwear" on).

Basic frame...

Feet hardware...

Doweling in corners, glued and screwed...

Bottom, looking up at MDF platform...

Top platform...

Quilter's batting sheathing (tack-stripped)...

Sheathing complete...

Sheathing tack-stripped in place...

Batting cover...

And voila, the muslin cover...

WHEW!!

Comments (34)