SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
venice_2008_gw

moving gas line, sink, vent

venice_2008
16 years ago

Another newbie joining this wonderful resource. I learn more with each post that I read, and wow -- the beautiful, thoughtful kitchens!

I'll soon have a layout to post for comment, but my first question as I grapple with the layout, is how hard is it to move essential elements like the gas line, sink and vent? I ask because a couple of layouts I'm playing with relocates these elements to the opposite wall of where they are now, and if this is a waste of effort, then I'll drop these and focus on smarter, simpler options.

For context, my kitchen is ~ 11' by 15', plus breakfast nook. The range is now on an outside wall, but am considering moving it (actually a new Blue Star 36" AG that we will buy) to the opposite wall, an interior wall, against an unused chimney breast that might (??) be usable for venting.

Another piece of the puzzle to consider is that we redid the floors (hardwood throughout, including the kitchen) when we bought the house, before we moved in (to avoid having to deal with fumes once we were in the house), and I don't fancy the thought of ripping them up.

Thoughts, anyone?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor