SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzie2003

Too early for wine, need to vent

12 years ago

Please forgive my ranting but this is only place I think of that someone would understand my concern. In August of last year I did a budget remodel, new granite countertops and new sink (still working on floor and backsplash). I had Typhoon bordeaux granite installed after falling in love with it on this site. This past weekend I noticed the granite pulling away from the backsplash. The caulking was pulling from the wall.

When I looked under the countertop of the penninsula(10 inch over hang, no bracing) I could see where the back of the cabinet is bowing out. I called the granite company, and sent them pictures. After 4 days and no response I called them again. The individual that answered the phone said, "I saw those pictures its obvious that the cabinet is bowing out but the granite's not that heavy, so your cabinets must be too old for granite". As not so nice thoughts came to mind I asked her, how old is too old for granite. Her response was, well how old are your cabinets? I asked her to please have the manager give me a call so we can schedule someone to come out and take a look. My house was built in 2005. I didn't replace the cabinets because they are in such good condition. I'll post pictures when I get home. My work place blocks access to picasa web album. Thanks for letting me vent. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (29)