SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

Is This Room Ready to Sell?

ttodd
10 years ago

Well, I've finally been given a deadline season to have the house ready to put on the market. I am one of those emotional procrastinators who becomes paralyzed w/ (Insert any reason here - for me, usually fear of change) but once I came around to the idea that I can't stop it, I embraced it. So I worked on the LR this week to make it: "If the realtor wanted to show it in an hour, this is what it will look like, so hands off and move on to another room already!".

Please tell me what you would tweak or change (for the purpose of selling it only please) or what the prospective buyer might think. Obviously on the seller end I see it differently so I'm looking for clear, objective thoughts in a kind courteous manner please.

The room is teeny tiny small at only 12x13. I stored the toys in a rollaway bin on wheels under the sofa. The children tested it for a few days and they're good w/ it. There are throws in the basket under the table and a large basket to corral additional throws and overflow pillows for when our family of 5 + dog are on the sofa. Since there are no closets or decent storage downstairs I use this bureau to store extras from the kitchen and office supplies.

Should I repaint the ceiling white or leave as is? All of my ceilings downstairs are this grey (they are 10' high) but I am totally open to repainting them since I have to repaint most of the other rooms anyways now that all of the electrical rewiring of 75% of the downstairs is done.

The pictures are all from my camera phone (except for the last one) so the quality isn't that great. A friend of mine who is a professional photographer will be doing all of the pictures for the listing.

Old pic but shows color of ceiling color:

Can I be done now or is there more tweaking that I should do?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Comments (37)