SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickieinco

Getting ready to sell...Paint suggestions for living room Please!

vickieinco
14 years ago

I really need some input on this.

My home is a small 1200SF ranch. Exterior is light Tan with green shutters & white trim.

I have painted my kitchen in BM Monroe Bisque. It looks beautiful with the oak cabinets.

You can see into my kitchen from our small living room. The living room has white crown molding and a beautiful white fireplace with black stone surrounding it and hearth. We currently have a Glidden green Sage paint in this room and throughout the hallway that extends from this room. It's not a gray green, more of a slightly yellow green, mid-tone. Very cottage and Pottery Barn looking. It really makes the fireplace and crown molding stand out. The green Sage in the living room flows nicely into the kitchen with its Monroe Bisque paint. We like the way this looks. All very cozy.

Here's my dilema. We are getting ready to sell our house.

Should we change the green to something more neutral? Is green a big no-no when selling?

If so, what would be a good neutral color for the living room/hallway area, that would flow with the Monroe Bisque in the Kitchen? I think it would need to be lighter than the Monroe Bisque, based on the smallness of the room, but not too light, otherwise the fireplace and crown molding would not stand out.

Thanks so much for your help!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting