SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephsgarden

Pimp my exterior

stephsgarden
11 years ago

I'm soliciting ideas for the exterior of my house, which we bought from the bank at the end of 2011. We spent the first year plus re-doing the interior and are now focusing on the exterior.

After the work inside, we are limited by funds and our own exhaustion. So major structural changes are off the table. The roof is in good shape. The paint , windows, and garage door are in awful shape, and have to be fixed. I am up for new landscaping, and LOVE to garden.

Here is the front of the house, which candidly looks much better in this photo than in real life.

From 2013-04-05

Behind all those hedges are 4 foot high walls, which are painted stucco like the house. You can see them here (this pic was taken just to the right of the garage door)..

From 2013-04-05

And here again from the front door...

From 2013-04-05

The white paint swatch behind the bike is the color I was thinking of painting the house. But I'm having commitment issues.

The double wood front door is hidden behind a small screen enclosure...

From 2013-04-05

Here is the side of the house (those oaks and the lake behind the reason we bought the house)...

From 2013-04-05

Here is a view of the rear..

From 2013-04-05

The paint looks taupe on my monitor, but it is actually that peachy beige that was popular around 1995ish. And I have no idea what those big boxes under the windows are or were meant to be. They are not planters and serve no function that I know of.

The house is on a small lake, and the inside is open, airy, and "beachy". Oh, I almost forgot, the house is in south Florida.

None of the exterior is our work, so nothing you say will hurt my feelings. And I can't take credit for anything you might like.

Gardenwebbers, HELP!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida