SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmarv1951

'The Ottoman' is finished...

mrsmarv
15 years ago

...and I am very pleased.

For those of you who have been following my ottoman story you know that I've constructed an ottoman/coffee table. I had ordered what I thought was the perfect fabric to complement our soon-to-be arriving sectional sofa. The fabric arrived and even though I loved the pattern, the background color was not going to work with the sectional or with our room and everything we have in it color-wise. From the description the background color was supposed to be a dark inky blue, but what it was was a dark olive-y green. It was just way too much green and the amount of blue in the pattern wasn't enough to offset that. Our sectional is a deep smoky blue, our wall color is "Beeswax", accents are other earth tones, including red, which is here and there throughout the house, and black. So I went on a fabric hunt (again...this is almost 2 months of fabric hunting) and found a beautiful 'contemporary' floral that is predominantly earth tones and a smattering of various shades of blues, including "The Smoky Blue" LOL. I'll be making accent pillows for the sectional from the same material. Three pillows come with it so I'll cover those when it arrives, which will be in 1 1/2 weeks...woohoo!

I was originally going to look for a solid fabric or a fabric that was predominantly blue for the ottoman, but since the sectional is going to be (ahem) a large amount of blue, I didn't want to overdose on the color. I also wanted to tie in the other colors of the room so it would blend (remember Marisa Tomei..."Yeah, you blend").

I'll post pics of the room in all its glory once the sectional arrives and the pillows are finished.

If anyone is interested in seeing the whole process from start to finish, I've linked it below.

So without further ado, here she is.

Fabric...

{{!gwi}}

Underside...

Ta-da!...

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: The Ottoman (Part 1)

Comments (20)