SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malhgold_gw

Casual Eating Area Lighting Help

malhgold
14 years ago

I'm buying this table and will be putting it in this room(perpendicular to the island).

Table

Overhead view:

I'd like to have a light fixture(s) over the table, but

1) not sure it will work because of the table location and placement of recessed lights. The table may not be centered in the room. It may be more in the front half(closer to kitchen) of the room, which means the light placement may look awkward because where the recessed lighting is. There are 3 pairs of recessed lights equally spaced. If this is the case, would you just forgo a fixture over the table.

2) If you think I should put something over the table, I'm considering using the same pendants as in the kitchen. While I'm not a matchy person, I am trying to unify the spaces and I think this might help. Plus, I have enough "different" elements going on, that I don't want it to start looking chaotic.

The more I think about it, the more odd I think it might look with a hanging light only in the front half of the room. I'm thinking either the table would need to be centered in the room, or matching lighting in the back half.

ugghh...why is it always so complicated!

Comments (2)