SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Bathroom Paint Color - gold or green? (pic heavy. as always..)

User
15 years ago

One last room before I stop on the paint thing for awhile. My house is decorated in mainly red, green, and gold. Before I realized I was really into the red my color of choice was dark burgundy so my main bathroom is that instead of red. Whatever color I end up picking needs to go well with red also. For now this valance will stay (I still like it) but am considering moving it to the master bath and putting the red in this one to flow better with the rest of the house.

Bought a sample of Duron's Tobacco Road. I thought it would be a bit darker. The valance itself is rather an antique/tea stained type background color and I think it might blend too much with it. Like maybe I should go darker? Should I stay with the gold/brown paint choices or venture to green? I'm open to color suggestions.

Part II

I really like both the mirror and lights and they need to stay for now. BUT is the mirrow too small? Should the lights be moved out the sides farther? Silly me, when we built the house they originally had a light bar installed on the wall where it's suppose to be and I had them move it to the ceiling. Paying someone to move it and change it isn't something I feel like messing with right now. Cabinets and counter will stay as is also. I will be adding some knobs eventually. I just realized I don't have a full pic of the whole light. You should be able to get the idea. It attaches in th ceiling with a round bronzy looking back plate.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Ignore all accessories. I'm still not happy with them and change them often.

This is probably the best pic I have to represent the true color of the valance.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

My hall that connects to the bathroom is painted Vista Mushroom Cream (here's a pic with the TR against it)

{{!gwi}}

LR is BM Shelburne Buff and Kitchen/DR is BM Olive Branch.

Comments (9)