SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Red samples for bathroom (pic heavy)

User
13 years ago

I've been looking at my red paint samples for a few days. Bought 4 but the one is too brown/orange so I'm going to show 3.

Here are my observations:

1. Upon close inspection of the samples against the fabric, all three seem to literally "match" the red in the fabric yet each color is different. I have no explanation for this.

2. The Moroccan Red (MR) is more of a red red/red orange compared to the Raspberry Truffle (RT). When I first brought the MR sample in the room I said, "no way - too orange." Since I was very perplexed with #1 I discovered if I cover the trim, I like how the MR looks with the fabric but the trim is very noticeable IRL and I think it clashes look at it as a whole. Yet the trim looks good with the fabric and I don't think it would look nice with a more red or red orange color. I know paint colors don't have to match exactly but I'm seeing orange.

3. Burnt Peanut Red (BPR) is similar to RT. It's slightly lighter and BRIGHTER. Occasionally I'll look at that sample and see pink/rosey. That's not a good thing to me.

4. I've wanted to paint something deep navy blue for a while now. Strongly considered repainting my LA Olive 4 green bathroom to navy. In general I don't care for bright or happy colors for my walls. I would think the RT on the walls would give me that same deep look I like. ?

Brownie4's room

{{gwi:1609469}}

5. The reds I really like aren't a true red or red/orange. Just looking at the samples alone, I like the RT best.

I ordered this medallion rug for in front of the sink but it won't ship until 4/8. :( I also ordered the rug in red in case I decided I wanted to paint this room gold but I really think I want to go red and be different for once.

{{gwi:1608689}}

Rasperry Truffle: *the white knobs are going back. It looked good in my mind but I think they're too chunky and noticeable.

{{gwi:1609471}}

{{gwi:1609472}}

Showing the size of the rug.

{{gwi:1609473}}

{{gwi:1609474}}

{{gwi:1609476}}

RT in Newhomebuilder's bathroom

{{gwi:1609478}}

Texasjana's DR

{{gwi:1609479}}

Moroccan Red:

{{gwi:1540353}}

{{gwi:1609480}}

{{gwi:1609481}}

{{gwi:1609482}}

Jillinnj's room

{{gwi:1609483}}

Burnt Peanut Red:

{{gwi:1609484}}

{{gwi:1436323}}

Cherigw's room

{{gwi:1609485}}

Left to right -

RT, MR, BPR

{{gwi:1609486}}

RT, BPR

{{gwi:1609487}}

RT, MR

{{gwi:1609488}}

I know colors are hard to tell on a monitor and these are probably looking about the same to you guys but I said I post the red samples.

You can be honest but I really do think I'm going to give red a try. We'll see! So far I like the RT best and the people that saw the samples IRL individually said RT including DH.

Comments (75)