SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnydj_gw

Need help with my 'wild, crazy' cat.....

SunnyDJ
12 years ago

Sometimes, I really wonder if my new kitten is really a cat or some wild creature posing.....This "sweet" little kitten is a dumpee along with her brother, who the neighbors have taken in...She was very small, probably only 2 months old and very, very friendly and I actually thought someone had lost her until we found her brother....BUT, she is a little devil, not afraid of anything and terrorizes our older 2 cats....One minute, she cuddling on your shoulder and the next, she's ready to rip your arm off...All at once, her eyes will darken and she's ready to fight and she's a biter along with scratching....Right now, I'm at a loss...We've used the spray but she loves water, the word NO means nothing to her and if you put her in time out (in the bathroom) as I did today, she shredded the liner on the tub....She is the most playful cat/kitten we've ever had but it's the scratching and biting that really gets to me...My arms are covered with scratches and it's pretty bad when you start to be afraid of a kitten, lol.....She's strickly an inside cat but wants out and will slip out real quick...Our other 2, both born feral and trapped at 3 months look at her and seem to say, "you want to go outside, you crazy cat"....We will be taking her to be spayed after the 1st of the year and I'm almost tempted to have them declaw her, which I hate....I'm 74, have cats all my life and this one sure is a puzzle....I know the spaying should settle her some but is there anything else I can do?

The older 2 cats and I would really appreciate any help.....

Comments (7)